Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
UK Waterways - Welcome to the UK Waterways Web Ring - connecting websites about the Navigations and Canals of the UK! This ring is for

Forums     Login   Signup

UK Waterways

Manager: penninewaterways
Welcome to the UK Waterways Web Ring - connecting websites about the Navigations and Canals of the UK! This ring is for websites that are non-commercial, of reasonable quality and with waterways-related content. Membership is not automatic. This ring replaced the former UK Waterways Network Webring.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Whittington, Hopwas, Fazeley Junction and return to Whittington! - 09/28/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JTfpQHUg120/UkcM-1A1nPI/AAAAAAAAHuc/KvwufvxeH7w/s320/IMG-20130928-00126.jpg

The last few weeks, I have neglected to update the blog as I have had not a deal to share with everyone.  Work type things and lazyness, truth be told, have prevented it's revision.... Moored safely at Whittington for the night However, today, I was given the unenviable task to steer the big boat towing the butty (steered by Martin, my eldest) over a few miles for the first time all on my own.  Richard has been at work, so the responsibility of moving the pair fell to me. Narrow bits all the way on the Coventry and usually with a bridge thrown in the mix! About time, I hear you cry!  Only been living aboard for the past 5 years!  Ok, short distances with Richard on the boat, yes, I have partook in this task, but never on my own. Not many outside the Tame Otter in Hopwas today So off Martin and I set from Fazeley Junction this morning.  An hour later we were weaving through the narrow little village of Hopwas, where we had moored on the way down to the junction. Martin, already quite an expert on the butty, never quite gets excited at the prospect of steering Hopwas was busy with moored boats and I was dreading getting the boats through before an oncoming boat would halt my progress. The beautiful willow on the way through Hopwas But, we were lucky, no boats moved until we came out the other side.  I started to breathe again! Approaching Whittington and ooh it's tight! Before we arrived on the outskirts of Whittington, an emergency stop was needed...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy